The Norlan Glass should be handled in the same manner you would any specialty glassware, being mindful not to subject the glass to extreme physical or thermal shock. We advise users to avoid sudden extreme changes in temperature and to be especially careful to avoid dropping or knocking the glass against hard surfaces.
How can we help?
About the Norlan Glass
Ordering and Shipping
Sales and Marketing
About the Norlan Glass
How should the Norlan Glass be handled?
Is the Norlan glass dishwasher safe?
519 cycles. That’s how many our glass went through in the rigorous machine dish washing test at our manufacturing partner’s test facility. The Norlan Glass did the rounds and came out of the ring with nary a bruise or a scratch. That being said, we’ve discussed the pros and cons of dish washing and hand washing with our industry experts and have come to the conclusion that our glass should be hand washed to ensure a long and fruitful life as the whisky glass of your choice.
If you do decide to machine wash your glass, please be mindful of the following:
1) A low temperature setting should be used. 2) Utilize the stemware rack when available or ensure that your glasses will not knock against other objects in the machine. 3) Remove the glasses after the wash cycle and allow to air dry.
Can I use ice with the Norlan Glass?
The Norlan Glass was designed with the intention of enjoying whisky neat. It is therefore our recommendation to not use ice in the glass.
Should you decide to use ice, please be mindful that cubes must be gently placed into the inner bowl; we cannot be held responsible for breakage from ice being dropped into the glass. And if you plan to use an ice sphere in the glass, note that the narrowest aperture of the inner bowl is just over 2". Due to slight variations in each glass, we cannot guarantee that a 2" sphere would fit.
Can I use whisky stones in the Norlan Glass?
We do not recommend putting whisky stones in the glass and unfortunately cannot be held liable for any breakage or scratching that may occur as a result of using them.
How is the glass packaged?
The Norlan Glass is sold as a set of two. Or, in other words, a pair. When you order one set of Norlan glasses, you'll receive them in an elegant tube that includes a black microfiber polishing cloth to keep your glasses shiny and clear for your whisky appreciation.
Note: the VAILD edition does not include a polishing cloth. Because what's the sense in polishing a matte black opaque surface?
Can I buy just one Norlan Glass?
The Norlan Glass and Norlan Glass VAILD are packed as a set of two only. Both editions come packed in a tube that is suitable for gifting and the original edition glass comes with a single microfiber polishing cloth.
Can the glass be engraved?
While we've seen some of our customers post images of personalized Norlan glasses, engraving or etching is not a service we are able to offer at this time. Most any engraving specialist should be able to do the work though.
Is the glass made with any materials that could be harmful to my health?
No, Borosilicate glass is used in science labs as a standard. Unless you are allergic to sand? It’s totally the best thing to use ever for glassware.
Why is the glass double-walled and not solid?
This is the best method for making a glass with a different internal and external shape. If it was solid it would weigh as much as your grandparents ashtrays from the 60’s.
Can the space in between the double-walled glass get dirty?
It cannot. It is sealed by the power of vacuum. Like outer space.
Where is the glass produced?
Production is managed by a globally recognized glass specialist in Germany with a partner factory south of Beijing.
How is the glass produced?
The Norlan glass is a hand-blown product. Due to the unique production methods, each glass will vary ever so slightly. The artisanal techniques, and the time-old combination of breath, fire and sand, create subtle variances, which highlight the craft of production. It’s beautiful.
For a hypnotizing look at how our glasses are made, watch this video.
Can the Norlan glass be used for other types of spirits or just whisky?
The Norlan Glass was developed specifically with whisky in mind, but certainly you can use your glass for any other spirits you desire. We are agnostic about it.
I’m a bourbon drinker. Will this glass improve my bourbon experience as well?
Correct. Yes it will. Any spirits containing a high percentage of alcohol, and for which nosing is an important aspect of the drinking experience, will be improved by this glass. Just like conversations with us.
Are other shapes or sizes of the glass available?
Just the one size and shape. We perfected it remember? If we offered options, that would be contradictory to the heartfelt honesty of our detailed and considered development process, right?
Is there somewhere I can try the glass?
Please refer to our Retailer list at the bottom of our website for a listing of current retailers in North America and Europe.
Ordering and Shipping
What form of payments do you accept?
If paying by credit card we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You may also use PayPal. And, if you are an Apple Pay user, you can check out using Apple Pay on your Safari browser through your iPhone, iPad, or desktop.
Where do you ship?
Our main site (norlanglass.com) currently serves customers in the United States.
Customers based in Canada should visit our Canada store (ca.norlanglass.com).
If you are located in one of the below countries, please visit our UK store (uk.norlanglass.com):
Europe: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faore Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Isle Of Man, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Turkey, Ukraine
Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vanuatu
Oceania: Australia and New Zealand
Middle East: Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
If you do not see your country listed above please contact us and we will see about adding delivery so that you can get the perfect whisky glass.
Where will my glasses ship from and how will they be shipped to me?
Customers visiting our US store:
We are working with a trusted warehouse and fulfillment partner with locations based in southern California and Kentucky. Depending on your location and our stock availability, your order will ship from one of these locations.
Shipping within the US will be via USPS First Class, Priority Mail, or UPS Ground depending on what you choose in the checkout. International shipments will be sent via USPS First Class Mail International or Priority Mail International, or UPS, depending on your location. To determine which shipping option is available to you, please see the shipping options in our store checkout.
Customers visiting our Canada store:
We are working with a trusted warehouse and fulfillment partner based in Montreal. Shipping will be via Canada Post. To see which methods are available to you, simply add your address details in the checkout and proceed to the shipping stage.
Customers visiting our UK store:
We are working with a trusted warehouse and fulfillment partner near London.
Depending on your location, shipping will be via a DPD service or in some rare instances Royal Mail or FedEx. To see which shipping method is available to you, simply add your address details in the checkout and proceed to the shipping stage.
How are Norlan products packed for shipping?
The simple answer is: With care.
All of our products are well wrapped and given sufficient cushioning for their journey from our warehouse to your hands. We used sturdy corrugated cartons and seal them with strong kraft paper tape.
Please note, if you are considering sending one of our products as a gift, that we use branded tape to seal the carton. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of orders we receive, we are unable to make changes to this tape.
How long will it take for my order to reach me?
All orders require between 1-3 business days for dispatch. Once an order has been dispatched, you can use the below transit times to estimate how long it will take for your order to reach you.
Customers visiting our US store:
- For orders shipping within the US, please estimate 1-3 business days via Priority Mail and 1-5 business days via UPS Ground.
- For orders shipping via First Class Mail International to Canada, please estimate 7–21 days for your parcel to arrive. Please note USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. your tracking number will not update in real-time, and the final transit time is largely dependent on customs processing in Canada.
Customers visiting our Canada store:
- For orders shipping within Montreal, please estimate 1-2 business days.
- For orders shipping within Quebec, please estimate 3 business days.
- For orders shipping outside of Quebec, please estimate 4 business days.
Customers visiting our UK store:
- For orders shipping within the UK, please estimate 1-2 business days.
- For orders shipping within the EU and most other non-EU countries, please estimate 4-5 business days.
- For orders shipping to all other destinations, please estimate between 5-10 business days.
Please note that all shipping times are estimates only. We cannot guarantee delivery times as these often vary considerably due to processing at various hubs. Note also that international shipments can take additional time due to customs processing.
Do I have to pay customs and duties?
Customers ordering from our US store:
If you are ordering from our US store and shipping to a country outside of the US, you (or the recipient) will be responsible for any customs and duties levied against your purchase upon import into the destination country. Our pricing and shipping charges do not include these eventual fees and we are unfortunately unable to provide estimates for you.
Customers ordering from our UK store:
If you are ordering from our UK store and shipping within the UK and EU, then your total paid will include the required VAT. If you are shipping to a country outside of the UK or EU, you (or the recipient) will be responsible for any customs and duties levied against your purchase upon import into the destination country. Our pricing and shipping charges for orders outside the UK and EU do not include these eventual fees and we are unfortunately unable to provide estimates for you.
Can you mark my package as a gift so that I do not have to pay customs duties and taxes?
That would be tantamount to asking us to break the law. Since we value our business and good standing with international agencies, we are not able to falsify export documents. If you are concerned about the costs and delays associated with shipping an item to your home country, you may need to wait until we have a distribution partner in your region or you are able to visit the U.S. or U.K.
What if I decide to cancel my order?
That will be a decision you must be prepared to live with for the rest of your life. How will you tell your friends and family that you chose to carry on living without the promise of the Norlan Glass? Nevertheless, if you do decide to cancel before your order has been shipped, you can easily do this by writing us via the contact link below.
What is your return policy?
You can find a link to our complete return policy in the footer of this website.
What do I do in the event my shipment is damaged or the product is defective?
Please inspect all of your items promptly upon receipt of goods. Customers must notify Norlan of any defect or other issues regarding delivered products within 48 hours after receiving delivery. If you do not notify Norlan within 48 hours of delivery, any and all issues regarding the delivery are no longer the responsibility of Norlan.
For any merchandise that is damaged while shipping in transit, we will issue a claim with the freight forwarder immediately upon being notified of the damage. As part of the claim process, it may be necessary for the freight forwarder to inspect damaged shipping packaged and items. As such, you may need to retain original shipping packaging and all contents including any damaged items and materials until notified by a representative of a company that it is permissible to discard these items. Failure to do so may result in a unapproved claim and will void possibility of a return or exchange. From time to time and if applicable, it may be necessary to have damaged items returned to us for inspection.
Do you offer a military discount?
Yes. We offer a 15% discount for members of the US and UK military, law enforcement, and firefighters. If you would like to take advantage of this, please use our contact link in the footer and attach a copy of your service ID to your message. We will provide you with an individual code good for one year as thanks for your service.
Sales and Marketing
Who do I contact for press relations and partnership opportunities?
Please send an email to: email@example.com
Our company is interested in distributing / marketing the Norlan Glass in our region.
Super, please send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotional Contest Terms and Conditions
Norlan (owned and operated by, and hereto referred to as, Serial Future Visions, Inc.) Promotional Campaign Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: Promotional campaigns are open only to those who enter via the defined channel as explained in the general contest rules for each campaign. Campaigns are only open to individuals who are of eligible drinking age in their home country as of the date of entry. The Campaign (unless otherwise stipulated) is open to all citizens of the world. Employees of Serial Future Visions, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Serial Future Visions, Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Please refer to the submission deadlines in the general contest rules for the campaign.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry as described in the general contest rules. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Serial Future Visions, Inc..
5. Prizes: The Winner (or Winners) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a prize as defined in the contest announcement. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Serial Future Visions, Inc.. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Serial Future Visions, Inc.'s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, local taxes, and/or import taxes and duties shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Serial Future Visions, Inc. as defined in the contest announcement. Winner will be notified within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Serial Future Visions, Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SERIAL FUTURE VISIONS, INC.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Serial Future Visions, Inc. shall have the right, where permitted by law, to publish, broadcast, and distribute your entry, name and/or username in association with the Campaign for publicity and promotional purposes on social media without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Serial Future Visions, Inc.. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Serial Future Visions, Inc. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Serial Future Visions, Inc. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: Serial Future Visions, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Serial Future Visions, Inc.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Serial Future Visions, Inc. may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Serial Future Visions, Inc.. Serial Future Visions, Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Serial Future Visions, Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Serial Future Visions, Inc. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Serial Future Visions, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NEW YORK having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Serial Future Visions, Inc., with principal offices at 180 Woodpoint Road, 4L, New York, NY, 11211, United States.
13. Facebook: If the Campaign is shared via Facebook, please note the Campaign hosted by Serial Future Visions, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
What does Norlan mean?
Norlan is Scottish for ‘Northern’ or the ‘Northern part of Scotland’. We went there a few times, and each visit we leave a little piece of our hearts.
Where is the company based?
Our US headquarters are in New York and our UK office is in London, but Norlan draws inspiration from Scottish roots.
Is the glass the only product from your company?
The Norlan Whisky Glass is the first in what we plan to be a broad range of products designed and developed for modernizing the whisky drinking experience. Because, The Future.
- Email Us
- Call Us @ 888.555.1212